MapReduce >> mail # user >> Question about jobtracker metrics

+
Harold Lim 2010-04-26, 19:13
Re: Question about jobtracker metrics
On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 12:43 AM, Harold Lim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I was looking at the jobtracker metrics and it seems to be able to give me:
> jobs_completed, jobs_submitted, maps_completed, maps_launched, reduces_completed, reduces_launched.
>
> I was wondering what maps launched mean? Is this only the number of maps assigned to the task trackers?

maps_launched and reduces_launched are metrics that are incremented
every time a map / reduce task is picked by the scheduler to be
launched on a TaskTracker.

> I was wondering if it's possible to get the total number of maps that will be generated for a corresponding job?

I am not entirely sure of this, but can you try to see if
JobClient.getMapTaskReports(jobid).length works ? There are equivalent
APIs in the newer Job class as well.

Thanks
Hemanth