HBase, mail # dev - Exposing config properties via JMX?

Exposing config properties via JMX?
Otis Gospodnetic 2012-05-29, 16:52
Hi,

For our HBase Performance Monitoring tool we had to do some bytecode instrumentation to catch the following 2 properties in order to be able to graph them on our MemStore graphs:

* hbase.regionserver.global.memstore.upperLimit
* hbase.regionserver.global.memstore.lowerLimit

Would it make sense to expose these (and all other?) HBase config properties via JMX, so one can understand how HBase was configured by looking at JMX?  Or are a number of other config properties already there and we'd just need to provide a patch for any missing ones?

Thanks,
Otis
----
Performance Monitoring for Solr / ElasticSearch / HBase - http://sematext.com/spm