HDFS >> mail # user >> Re: How can we download a file using WebHDFS REST API

+
Mohammad Mustaqeem 2013-05-31, 16:56
Re: How can we download a file using WebHDFS REST API
There is no api to download a file. The client you are using to make these calls will have to read the contents of the file and save it on your local file system.

--
Arpit Gupta
Hortonworks Inc.

On May 31, 2013, at 9:56 AM, Mohammad Mustaqeem <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This is for reading the content of the file not to download..
> I want to download file.
>

> On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 10:23 PM, Arpit Gupta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> you will have to use the open operation to read the file and save it.
>
> http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.0.3-alpha/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-hdfs/WebHDFS.html#Open_and_Read_a_File
>
> --
> Arpit Gupta
> Hortonworks Inc.
> http://hortonworks.com/
>
> On May 30, 2013, at 11:44 PM, Mohammad Mustaqeem <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Is there any way to download a file from HDFS using WebHDFS REST API?
>> I have read - http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.0.3-alpha/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-hdfs/WebHDFS.html
>>
>> But didn't find any way to download file.
>>
>> --
>> With regards ---
>> Mohammad Mustaqeem,
>> M.Tech (CSE)