Avro, mail # user - Ruby & Avro

+
Mark 2013-06-06, 16:56
+
Martin Kleppmann 2013-06-07, 12:24
Re: Ruby & Avro
Mark 2013-06-07, 18:51
Just noticed you are "the man" to talk to about when it comes to the ruby gem.. noticed your name on the commits.

Are you aware of, or know why the sample IPC client/server doesn't work in ruby 1.8.7? The HTTP equivalents do work however.

https://github.com/apache/avro/blob/trunk/lang/ruby/test/sample_ipc_client.rb
https://github.com/apache/avro/blob/trunk/lang/ruby/test/sample_ipc_server.rb

read buffer_length': Socket read 0 bytes. (Avro::IPC::ConnectionClosedException)
On Jun 7, 2013, at 5:24 AM, Martin Kleppmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> No, it only serializes records to/from Ruby hashes (i.e. it's at the same level of the Java "generic" reader/writer).
>
> I have been hacking on generating Ruby classes at runtime from an Avro schema (which would be the Rubyish equivalent of code generation), but it's not yet ready for general use.
>
> Martin
>

> On 6 June 2013 17:56, Mark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Does anyone know if the Ruby Avro gem supports code generation.. i.e. will it create instances of classes with all of the attributes of a message set?
>
> Thanks

+
Martin Kleppmann 2013-06-07, 20:05