Avro >> mail # user >> Ruby & Avro

Re: Ruby & Avro
Just noticed you are "the man" to talk to about when it comes to the ruby gem.. noticed your name on the commits.

Are you aware of, or know why the sample IPC client/server doesn't work in ruby 1.8.7? The HTTP equivalents do work however.

https://github.com/apache/avro/blob/trunk/lang/ruby/test/sample_ipc_client.rb
https://github.com/apache/avro/blob/trunk/lang/ruby/test/sample_ipc_server.rb

read buffer_length': Socket read 0 bytes. (Avro::IPC::ConnectionClosedException)