HBase >> mail # user >> Linear Scalability in HBase

+
Ramu M S 2013-10-25, 04:45
+
Ted Yu 2013-10-25, 05:03
+
Ramu M S 2013-10-25, 14:46
Re: Linear Scalability in HBase
How do you define linear scalability?
Is it as the cluster grows the time it takes to fetch data is roughly consistent?

In your test… you’re changing both the number of users and the size at the same time.

And here’s a bigger question… are these physical machines or are they on AWS?
1)  How long does it take to do a get() on the first size of the cluster?
    How long does it take to do a get() on the second, larger cluster?

2) If you increase the size and data of the cluster, running the test with the same number of clients, what do you see?
On Oct 24, 2013, at 11:45 PM, Ramu M S <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am running HBase 0.94.6 with 8 region servers and getting throughput of
> around 15K Read OPS and 20K Write OPS per server through YCSB tests. Table
> is pre created with 8 regions per region server and it has 120 million
> records of 700 bytes each.
>
> I increased the number of region servers to 25,  pre created table with 8
> regions per region server and loaded 375 Million records. I'm getting a
> throughput of 12K Read OPS and 19K Write OPS per server. A drop of 20% per
> server for read and drop of 10% per server for write.
>
> Distribution of load on region servers is even in all region server in both
> scenarios for read and write.
>
> I wanted to understand if HBase does scale performance linearly? Any
> configurations I'm missing? Any factors that might affect this linear
> scalability?
>
> Regards,
> Ramu
+