Hadoop >> mail # user >> Streaming mappers frequently time out

Re: Streaming mappers frequently time out
Maybe I could just turn it down to two or three minutes.  It wouldn't fix the problem where the task doesn't start, but it would kill it and restart it more quickly.

Thanks.

On Mar 23, 2011, at 11:46 AM, Jim Falgout wrote:

> I've run into that before. Try setting mapreduce.task.timeout. I seem to remember that setting it to zero may turn off the timeout, but of course can be dangerous if you have a runaway task. The default is 600 seconds ;-)
>
> Check out http://hadoop.apache.org/mapreduce/docs/current/mapred-default.html. It lists a bunch of map reduce properties.

"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was.  Now, what I'm with
isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me."
                                           --  Abe (Grandpa) Simpson