Bigtop >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSS] BOM for release 0.7.0 of Bigtop

+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-07-09, 03:50
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-09, 15:59
+
Sean Mackrory 2013-07-09, 16:47
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-07-09, 17:11
+
Bruno Mahé 2013-07-09, 17:10
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-07-09, 17:40
+
Peter Linnell 2013-07-09, 20:40
+
Bruno Mahé 2013-07-10, 06:37
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-07-09, 17:06
+
Anatoli Fomenko 2013-07-09, 20:39
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-07-09, 20:54
+
Venkat Ranganathan 2013-07-09, 21:52
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-09, 21:58
Re: [DISCUSS] BOM for release 0.7.0 of Bigtop
I understand.  The discussion we had was around the current distributions
ship with Sqoop 1.x as the default sqoop product (primarily because Sqoop 2
is in preview releases currently.   The current focus of the team is to
bring sqoop 2 to fruition quickly but Sqoop 1.x is the release that
customers currently are  using and hence the suggestion.

Venkat
On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 2:58 PM, Andrew Purtell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 2:52 PM, Venkat Ranganathan <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I would also suggest we revert back to
> > making Sqoop 1 the default sqoop version
> >

> Wouldn't that make an upgrade from Bigtop 0.6 to 0.7 a Sqoop downgrade?
>

> --
> Best regards,
>
>    - Andy

> (via Tom White)