HBase >> mail # user >> PreSplit the table with Long format

+
Farrokh Shahriari 2013-02-19, 09:52
+
Viral Bajaria 2013-02-19, 10:00
Re: PreSplit the table with Long format
Tnx for your help,but it doesn't work.Do you have any other idea,cause I
must run it from the shell.

Farrokh
On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 1:30 PM, Viral Bajaria <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> HBase shell is a jruby shell and so you can invoke any java commands from
> it.
>
> For example:
> > import org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.Bytes
> > Bytes.toLong(Bytes.toBytes(1000))
>
> Not sure if this works as expected since I don't have a terminal in front
> of me but you could try (assuming the SPLITS keyword takes byte array as
> input, never used SPLITS from the command line):
> create 'testTable', 'cf1' , { SPLITS => [ Bytes.toBytes(1000),
> Bytes.toBytes(2000), Bytes.toBytes(3000) ] }
>
> Thanks,
> Viral
>
> On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 1:52 AM, Farrokh Shahriari <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi there
> > As I use rowkey in long format,I must presplit table in long format
> too.But
> > when I've run this command,it presplit the table with STRING format :
> > create 'testTable','cf1',{SPLITS => [ '1000','2000','3000']}
> >
> > How can I presplit the table with Long format ?
> >
> > Farrokh

+
Farrokh Shahriari 2013-02-20, 07:11
+