MapReduce >> mail # user >> start-dfs.sh requesting password for user used to start daemon

+
John Beaulaurier -X 2012-11-08, 18:00
Re: start-dfs.sh requesting password for user used to start daemon
Have you setup passworless ssh to localhost?
In other words if when logged on as 'hdfs'  can you do 'ssh localhost' and/or 'ssh ldsg-hadoop-master01'?

Oleg

On Nov 8, 2012, at 1:00 PM, "John Beaulaurier -X (jbeaulau - ADVANCED NETWORK INFORMATION INC at Cisco)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Apache Hadoop 0.20.203.0 (tarball)
> Java HotSpot (build 1.6.0_21-b07)
>
> I have a 4 datanode cluster sandbox I’m trying to startup, but when I initiate start.dfs.sh as the local user I created, , and after the namenode and all the datanodes
> start, the output stops and asks for the password for the local account that I’m using to run start-dfs.sh  The same happens when I run stop.dfs.sh with all datanode
> daemons stopping except the namenode daemon. It does not stop due to the password requirement. SSH passphrase-less logon is functioning for the user from
> the namenode to all the datanodes. I did not alter start-dfs.sh or Hadoop-config.sh
>
> [hdfs@ldsg-hadoop-master01 bin]$ ./start-dfs.sh
> starting namenode, logging to /var/log/hadoop/hadoop-hdfs-namenode-ldsg-hadoop-master01.out
> ldsg-hadoop02: starting datanode, logging to /var/log/hadoop/hadoop-hdfs-datanode-ldsg-hadoop02.out
> ldsg-hadoop01: starting datanode, logging to /var/log/hadoop/hadoop-hdfs-datanode-ldsg-hadoop01.out
> ldsg-hadoop03: starting datanode, logging to /var/log/hadoop/hadoop-hdfs-datanode-ldsg-hadoop03.out
> ldsg-hadoop04: starting datanode, logging to /var/log/hadoop/hadoop-hdfs-datanode-ldsg-hadoop04.out
> hdfs@ldsg-hadoop-master01's password:
>
> Thank you
> -John

+