Hadoop, mail # general - [DISCUSS] - YARN as a sub-project of Apache Hadoop

Re: [DISCUSS] - YARN as a sub-project of Apache Hadoop
Harsh J 2012-07-27, 05:58
Hi Zizon,

MR is still MR, while YARN is a resource scheduler (generic, agnostic of 'MR').

MR1 ran over JobTracker and TaskTrackers, while MR2 runs from an AM
and runs tasks via YARN.

It would not make sense to rename MR to YARN as these are separate
things, and calling YARN as MR2 only adds to the confusion.

--
Harsh J