Sqoop >> mail # user >> Sqoop and creating external table

Sqoop and creating external table
Hello,

Is creating external tables not supported in Sqoop ? When I execute sqoop
import command with --hiveimport option, by default a managed tables is
getting created, then I have to fire Alter command to change table
properties to change table to external table

Good wishes,always !
Santosh
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-01-07, 12:23