Kafka >> mail # user >> Zookeeper freezes

+
Guy Doulberg 2012-10-11, 14:48
+
Neha Narkhede 2012-10-11, 15:28
+
Guy Doulberg 2012-10-11, 15:30
+
Jay Kreps 2012-10-11, 15:39
+
Guy Doulberg 2012-10-11, 15:41
+
Neha Narkhede 2012-10-11, 15:42
+
Patricio Echagüe 2012-10-12, 23:19
Re: Zookeeper freezes
How can the zookeeper be IO bound?

Isn't all its work in memory?

Patricio Echagüe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> כתב:
I'd recommend to run iostat -x while you do the test to rule that that your
are not io bound.

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 8:42 AM, Neha Narkhede <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Guy,
>
> Connection reset messages are not particularly uncommon. Monitoring GC
> and io on Zookeeper is necessary, like Jay mentions, however if you
> are hitting any issues due to GC, you would see session expirations
> and timeouts.
> It will be helpful if you can send around the log4j files.
>
> Thanks,
> Neha
>
> On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 8:39 AM, Jay Kreps <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Are you logging GC activity on the zk jvm? We had a lot of zk gc problems
> > before we got more scientific about our jvm settings (I think we added
> some
> > notes on the operations page).
> >
> > -Jay
> >
> > On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 7:48 AM, Guy Doulberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >wrote:
> >
> >> Hi guys,
> >>
> >> I am trying to understand a phenomena I am having in my cluster,
> >>
> >> My cluster consist of 3 zookeeprs (that are in the same machines as the
> >> brokers)
> >>
> >> Sometimes the zookeeprs freezes, which means, I cann't use new
> consumers,
> >> and I can't browse the znode using zookeeper browser.
> >>
> >> It disappears after a while, without doing anything pro-actively.
> >>
> >> A consumer that was already running is working alright - I guess since
> the
> >> zookeeper are not available the consumer doesn't report offsets.
> >>

> >> in my connection string I put all the 3 zookeeper instances.
> >>

> >> Have it ever happened to one of you?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Guy Doulberg
> >> Data Infrastructure engineer