Sqoop >> mail # user >> Sqoop, sending for a loop - newby lost - SQL Server/Sqoop

+
Andrew Allaway 2013-10-28, 23:04
Re: Sqoop, sending for a loop - newby lost - SQL Server/Sqoop
Andy,

Have you tried installing using Apache Bigtop? or some other packaged
installation provider? Hbase client libs are used for Hbase import. Sqoop
is compiled with Hbase support I think.

-Abe
On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 4:04 PM, Andrew Allaway
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Sorry for the bad title:)
>
> Have:
> 3 nodes
> Debian/wheezy
> Hadoop 1.2.1
> Hive 0.11.0
>
> All's working great:)
>
> Want to connect SQL Server 2012 and SQL Serv. 2014 CTP to the above
>

> I'm totally lost
>
> Namenode (aka node1): 192.168.10.10
> Node2 192.168.10.11
> Node3 192.168.10.12
>
> Have Windows7 (static ip4 192.168.10.13), connected via ethernet thru a
> switch. I can ssh into nodes 1-3 easy.
>
> All's swell.
>
> On Win7 have a full sql server instance "bob", database "test_db", schema
> "test_schema" & table "test_table" login "abc" pw "xyz".
>
> On the cluster I've hadoop here:
> /usr/local/hadoop
>
> Just untared Scoop to /usr/lib/sqoop
>
> Then when I tried to run$ sqoop help from the above dir, it said it didn't
> know where my hadoop was.  So I ran the hadoop_home /usr/local....
>
> Then ran$ sqoop help and it said it can't find hdfs.  So I ran the same$
> export home_hdfs usr/local....
>
> Then ran sqoop help and it said it needs Hbase????
>
> Does it?  Why does it need Hbase to run?
>
> Not sure how to go from here.  I want to install these packages as I learn
> them. I don't intend to learn Hbase at the moment, can I "live" w/o it?
>
> Even if sqoop worked I still don't understand how to pull the table above
> (test_table) into hdfs and into Hive??
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Best,
> Andy