HBase >> mail # user >> GC frequency

+
Varun Sharma 2013-02-21, 07:32
+
谢良 2013-02-21, 08:10
+
Varun Sharma 2013-02-21, 08:22
答复: 答复: GC frequency
Here is a good formula to estimate: http://blog.ragozin.info/2011/06/understanding-gc-pauses-in-jvm-hotspots.html

Hope it helpful:)
发件人: Varun Sharma [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
发送时间: 2013年2月21日 16:22
收件人: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
主题: Re: 答复: GC frequency

What do you mean by normal size heap ? Here is JVM settings

-Xms11480m -Xmx11480m -XX:NewSize=512m -XX:MaxNewSize=512m
-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=60
-XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -XX:ParallelGCThreads=4

I was told that for a 4 core machine, it typically takes 200ms to clean out
512m - now, the only thing that I am afraid with reducing the size of new
gen is higher frequency and the chances of more frequent promotion failures.

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 12:10 AM, 谢良 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Of course, you'll hit the nightmarish "CMS fragement" easier if NewSize
> too low:)
> Generally speaking, most of YGC should be less than 5ms for a normal size
> heap.
> maybe your load is too high or there're vm options be misconfigured ?

+
Varun Sharma 2013-02-21, 09:21
+
谢良 2013-02-21, 09:39