Avro >> mail # user >> Adding "doc"'s over multiple lines

Adding "doc"'s over multiple lines
Hi Folks,
Can someone please put me out of my misery here and explain how I can
change this

          "type": "record",
          "name": "Reference",
          "namespace": "org.apache.oodt.cas.filemgr.catalog.gora.structs",
          "doc": "A reference stores the original item reference, and also
the item's data store reference, which describes its location within the
data store.",

to this

          "type": "record",
          "name": "Reference",
          "namespace": "org.apache.oodt.cas.filemgr.catalog.gora.structs",
          "doc": "A reference stores the original item reference, and also
the /n
           item's data store reference, which describes its location within
the /n
           data store.",
Basically I have lots of long doc strings to deal with and would like to
split them over multiple lines.
Thank you. I have a fear that this is basic JSON but I haven't found
anything yet!
Lewis

--
*Lewis*