MapReduce, mail # user - Yarn log directory perms

+
Prashant Kommireddi 2013-09-13, 21:07
+
Harsh J 2013-09-14, 04:04
Re: Yarn log directory perms
Prashant Kommireddi 2013-09-14, 22:47
Thanks Harsh. It makes sense that 710 is the default. But admins should be
able to configure it differently if required? In our case , we have a
separate process (running as a different user) that forwards logs to
another system. We are unable to do so now due to the default perms.

On Friday, September 13, 2013, Harsh J wrote:

> This is true for MRv1 too, and is done so for security reasons.
>
> On Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 2:37 AM, Prashant Kommireddi
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <javascript:;>> wrote:
> > Hey guys,
> >
> > It looks like the default perms for app/container dirs is set to 710 and
> is
> > not configurable. From DefaultContainerExecutor
> >
> >   /** Permissions for user log dir.
> >    * $logdir/$user/$appId */
> >   private static final short LOGDIR_PERM = (short)0710;
> >

> > Any reasons for not having this be a configurable property?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Prashant
>

> --
> Harsh J