Hadoop >> mail # user >> Hadoop install

Re: Hadoop install
I always use the Cloudera packages, CDH3 I think it's called...but it isn't the latest by any shot.  It's still .20.  I think Hadoop is nearly to .23 although I'm not proficient on those kinds of details.  I mentioned Cloudera's distribution because it falls into place pretty smoothly.  For example, a few weeks ago and downloaded and installed it on a Mac in a few hours (and ran an example) and then installed it on a Tier 3 Linux VM and had it running examples there too.

On Feb 18, 2012, at 06:24 , Mohit Anchlia wrote:

> What's the best way or guide to install latest hadoop. Is the latest Hadoop
> still .20 which comes up in google search. Could someone guide me with the
> latest hadoop distribution. I also need pig and mahout xmlinputformat.

"It's a fine line between meticulous and obsessive-compulsive and a slippery
rope between obsessive-compulsive and debilitatingly slow."
                                           --  Keith Wiley