HBase, mail # user - HBase Issues (perhaps related to 127.0.0.1)

+
Ratner, Alan S 2012-11-21, 20:01
+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-11-21, 20:11
RE: Re: HBase Issues (perhaps related to 127.0.0.1)
Ratner, Alan S 2012-11-21, 21:02
Thanks Mohammad.  I set the clientPort but as I was already using the default value of 2181 it made no difference.

I cannot remove the 127.0.0.1 line from my hosts file.  I connect to my servers via VPN from a Windows laptop using either NX or VNC and both apparently rely on the 127.0.0.1 IP address.  This was not a problem with older versions of HBase (I used to use 0.20.x) so it seems to be something relatively new.

It seems I have a choice: access my servers remotely or run HBase and these 2 are mutually incompatible.  I think my options are either:
a) revert to an old version of HBase
b) switch to Accumulo, or
c) switch to Cassandra.

Alan
-----Original Message-----
From: Mohammad Tariq [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2012 3:11 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: EXT :Re: HBase Issues (perhaps related to 127.0.0.1)

Hello Alan,

    It's better to keep 127.0.0.1 out of your /etc/hosts and make sure you
have proper DNS resolution as it plays an important role in proper Hbase
functioning. Also add the "hbase.zookeeper.property.clientPort" property in
your hbase-site.xml file and see if it works for you.

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq

+
Michael Segel 2012-11-22, 00:40