Accumulo, mail # dev - [VOTE] Accumulo 1.4.4 RC4

Re: [VOTE] Accumulo 1.4.4 RC4
Christopher 2013-08-22, 23:11
Good signatures on all artifacts. However, you still need to add your
public key to https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/accumulo/KEYS
(gpg --list-key [EMAIL PROTECTED] >> KEYS && gpg --armor --export
[EMAIL PROTECTED] >> KEYS && echo "" >> KEYS)

Aside from formatting issues with accumulo-native_1.4.4-amd64.deb.md5
(md5 spans multiple lines), the md5sums check out.

I do not think it would be good to publish the RPMs/DEBs, as they
appear to be multi-arch (due to both 32-bit and 64-bit native libs
being included) and that's going to cause problems with dependencies
when users try to install them. These were not published with 1.4.3,
and I think there's enough information available for users to create
their own that we don't need to for 1.4. (1.5 and later are 64-bit
only, so it's no longer a problem). Getting this right should not hold
up the release, as there are relatively minor modifications that we
can advise users to make to build their own RPM, and this isn't a
regression from 1.4.3 (1.4.3 was already affected).

I verified that the contents of the source tarball reflect the
contents of the git repo at the specified commit
(419aacc45279a3cd6b3b5bf61baf486f082a450a). I also verified that dist
tarball includes the expected source, as well as the jars and native
libraries, according to the 1.4.x precedent.

Unit tests pass.

+1 (with caveat about not publishing RPMs/DEBs)

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii