MapReduce, mail # dev - Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.1.1-beta

+
Karthik Kambatla 2013-09-17, 22:03
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-09-18, 12:01
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-09-17, 06:38
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-09-18, 04:58
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-09-18, 22:41
+
Chris Nauroth 2013-09-19, 18:05
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-09-17, 09:23
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-09-23, 06:23
+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-09-23, 23:49
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-09-24, 00:36
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-09-24, 15:03
+
Chris Nauroth 2013-09-24, 19:18
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-09-24, 20:39
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-09-24, 21:38
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-09-24, 22:25
I ran through my usual check-list for validating the RC. I only checked the source tarball.
 - Signatures and message digests all good. I guess because of differences in gpg2's version, the message digest has different text wrapping. Anyways.
 - The top level full LICENSE, NOTICE and README are good.
 - CHANGES.txt for common, hdfs and mapped are located as in before releases.
 - Able to build the tars out of the source tar ball.

Testing: All testing on single node, unsecured mode.
Successfully started mapred history server.
Started HDFS daemons successfully , created directories.
Successfully started YARN daemons - ResourceManager and NodeManager
Ran YARN's distributed shell example
Ran wordcount, pi, random writer, sort, grep and they all pass just fine.
With that, here's my +1 for the RC.

Thanks
+Vinod
On Sep 16, 2013, at 11:38 PM, Arun C Murthy wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I've created a release candidate (rc0) for hadoop-2.1.1-beta that I would like to get released - this release fixes a number of bugs on top of hadoop-2.1.0-beta as a result of significant amounts of testing.
>
> If things go well, this might be the last of the *beta* releases of hadoop-2.x.
>
> The RC is available at: http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.1.1-beta-rc0
> The RC tag in svn is here: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.1.1-beta-rc0

> thanks,
> Arun
>

> --
> Arun C. Murthy
> Hortonworks Inc.
> http://hortonworks.com/
>

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-09-23, 19:04
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-09-23, 20:22
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-09-24, 21:52