Accumulo >> mail # user >> problem installing accumulo

problem installing accumulo
Hi,

I posted a message the the dev list before Xmas and got not response. I
figuered I'd try this list. If this is not the correct forum can someone
please let me know what the correct forum is. I am trying to install
accumulo for a simple demo. I have hadoop installed and running. I verified
by testing a mapreduce program and I can look at the HDFS system.

When I try to start accumulo I get a INFO message saying attempting to talk
to zookeeper. I verified zookeeper is running and I can access it using the
zkCli.sh. The next line to display is INFO :Waiting for accumulo to be
initialized. That line repeats infinitely.

I looked at the logs and get a message in the tserver_localhost.out saying
unable obtain instance id at /accumulo/instance_id. A quick web search
found a message (
http://affy.blogspot.com/2012/06/accumulo-where-is-my-instance-id.html)
saying I needed to put the HADOOP/conf directory in  my CLASSPATH. I tried
that, but that did not work.

I have looked and didn't find any other groupsw where I could post  a
question.

thanks,

Tim