HBase, mail # user - delete rows without writing HLog may be appear in the future?

+
Bing Jiang 2012-11-21, 12:37
+
Michael Segel 2012-11-21, 15:09
+
Bing Jiang 2012-11-21, 15:20
+
lars hofhansl 2012-11-21, 17:27
+
Bing Jiang 2012-11-22, 02:10
+
Bing Jiang 2012-11-22, 03:53
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2012-11-22, 03:56
+
Bing Jiang 2012-11-22, 04:36
+
lars hofhansl 2012-11-22, 05:01
+
Bing Jiang 2012-11-22, 06:50
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2012-11-21, 15:24
+
Bing Jiang 2012-11-21, 15:17
+
Kevin Odell 2012-11-21, 15:18
+
Bing Jiang 2012-11-21, 15:37
+
Michael Segel 2012-11-21, 16:18
+
Kevin Odell 2012-11-21, 15:43
Re: delete rows without writing HLog may be appear in the future?
ramkrishna vasudevan 2012-11-21, 16:25
Kevin,  Yes I agree with no of WALs kept.  Lowering it will allow frequent
flushes and that should lower the occurence of this issue.
The more the flushes happen the lesser the probability of this issue
occurence.

But still if a RS crashes after doing the WAL less deletes then the puts
are bound to reappear.  That is why i thought of the CP based approach. Pls
correct me if i was wrong.

Regards
RAm

ramkrishna vasudevan 2012-11-21, 17:00