Zookeeper >> mail # user >> ZooKeeper survives 4 nodes, dies with 3

ZooKeeper survives 4 nodes, dies with 3
Hi,

We use ZK 3.3 in production, a quorum of 5 nodes, and found an odd behaviour
where if we take one node offline, the quorum keeps serving requests, but if
we take another node offline, it stops working.

Reading the ZK documentation, it seems it should still work with 3 nodes,
allowing us to lose 2 nodes, but in practice we can only lose 1 node until
we have downtime.

Is this a bug which was fixed in later versions?
Has anyone seen this happen?

Thanks,
Noam.