Accumulo >> mail # user >> Cancelling queued compactions in Accumulo 1.4

+
Mike Drob 2013-05-15, 06:47
+
John Vines 2013-05-15, 06:51
Re: Cancelling queued compactions in Accumulo 1.4
Can I leave the ones that are already running and just dispose of the
queued compactions? If not, that seems like a pretty serious limitation.
On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 2:51 AM, John Vines <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm not sure if it's possible. Scheduling a compaction is an entry in the
> metadata table. But once it gets triggered, there are then compactions
> scheduled locally for the tserver. You might be able to delete the flag and
> bounce all the tservers to stop it, but I can't say for certain.

> On May 14, 2013 11:48 PM, "Mike Drob" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Somebody (totally not me) accidentally kicked off a full table compaction
>> using Accumulo 1.4.3.
>>
>> There's a large number of them waiting and the queue is decreasing very
>> slowly - what are my options for improving the situation. Ideally, I would
>> be able to just cancel everything and then come back with a more precise
>> approach.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mike

+