Hive >> mail # user >> Hive 0.7.1 with MySQL 5.5 as metastore

Hive 0.7.1 with MySQL 5.5 as metastore
I am working on copying existing Hive metadata (Hive 0.7.1 with MySQL 5.1) to a new cluster environment (Hive 0.7.1 with MySQL 5.5). I copied over the metastore tables and modified the data under SDS (sub-directories) table to reflect the new data path. However I am getting MySQL integrity constraint violation against SDS.SD_ID column while trying to create new Hive tables. Is this a problem with the MySQL version I am using ? Does Hive 0.7.1 support MySQL 5.5 as the metastore.
Thanks,Venkatesh
+
Edward Capriolo 2012-11-05, 23:31
+