Hadoop >> mail # user >> Re: Pseudo Distributed: ERROR org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HServerAddress: Could not resolve the DNS name of localhost.localdomain

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 2:18 AM, Manu S <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> *2012-06-07 12:13:12,103 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HServerAddress:
> Could not resolve the DNS name of localhost.localdomain

This is pretty basic.  Fix this first and then your hbase will work.

Please stop spraying your queries across multiple lists.  Doing so
makes us think you arrogant which I am sure is not the case.  Pick the
list that seems most appropriate.  For example, in this case, it seems
like the hbase-user list would have been the right place to write; not
common-user and cdh-user.  If it turns out you've chosen wrong,
usually the chosen list will help you figure the proper target.

Thanks,
St.Ack
+
shashwat shriparv 2012-06-07, 13:43