Chukwa >> mail # dev >> Incubator PMC/Board report for Jan 2013 ([ppmc])

+
Marvin 2013-01-08, 18:09
+
Alan Cabrera 2013-01-09, 16:07
+
Marvin 2013-01-02, 16:20
+
Eric Yang 2013-01-03, 04:56
+
Jukka Zitting 2013-01-10, 10:14
+
ant elder 2013-01-11, 13:09
+
Eric Yang 2013-01-13, 06:55
+
Eric Yang 2013-01-11, 04:41
+
shreyas subramanya 2013-01-03, 05:24
+
Eric Yang 2013-01-03, 06:33
+
Eric Yang 2013-01-05, 18:24
+
Alan Cabrera 2013-01-09, 16:12
+
Eric Yang 2013-01-10, 06:24
Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Jan 2013 ([ppmc])
Ant and Jukka volunteered.  Do mentors get voted in?  Usually podlings go around "begging".  ;)

My questions were actually directed to them since they're bringing in the "fresh blood".  :)
Regards,
Alan

On Jan 9, 2013, at 10:24 PM, Eric Yang wrote:

> We have not vote in any new mentor after Chris and Bill left.  Did we?
>
> regards,
> Eric
>
> On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 8:12 AM, Alan Cabrera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>> On Jan 2, 2013, at 8:56 PM, Eric Yang wrote:
>>
>>> While the discussion has settled for Chukwa to continue, we should
>> discuss
>>> among the community on our plan for 2013 to move toward graduation.  Here
>>> is a list of items that have been identified to be considered to include
>> in
>>> the report:
>>>
>>> - Add a new policy page for how to contribute to Chukwa.  I drafted a
>> copy
>>> base on Hadoop contribution guide line at:
>>> http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Chukwa_How_To_Contribute
>>>
>>> On the development side:
>>> - Primary focus is to collect Hadoop and related technology log files and
>>> metrics
>>> - Add web UI for showing a list of running adaptors
>>> - Add web UI for showing status of data streams written to destination
>>> - Consolidate Agent and Collector features to use Chukwa Agent as the
>>> primary process for data collection
>>> - Replace SequenceFileWriter with WebHDFS support, discuss if changing
>>> sequence file format to avro make sense
>>>
>>> Any other points that would be interesting to include in the report?  I
>> am
>>> not sure what else that we should do before graduation.  In Chukwa status
>>> page, we seem to have accomplished all check points.  Alan and I also
>>> discussed about organizing meet up group, but I currently don't have
>>> resource to organize.  Hence, it may be best to skip the meet up group
>>> discussion for now.
>>
>> Anyone going to ApacheCon?
>>
>> Also, I would like to hear comments from the new mentor as to what they
>> would like to see in the near term.  What was it that they thought could be
>> done differently than what was done in the past?
>>

>> Regards,
>> Alan

+
Eric Yang 2013-01-11, 04:16