Avro >> mail # user >> Is DataFileWriter#append(datum) reentrant?

Is DataFileWriter#append(datum) reentrant?
Hi,

I am using AvroKeyRecordWriter, which wraps DataFileWriter#append(datum),
to create Avro.  As I write data, sometimes an error will occur due to an
encoding problem (e.g. a non-nullable field isn't set in a record).  I
would like to be able to log the AppendWriteException and continue writing
the remaining records.  Is this supported?  In other words, is
AvroKeyRecordWriter#write() guaranteed to be reentrant with respect to
AppendWriteException?

If not, is there a way to validate a datum against the schema before
writing?

Thanks,
Josh