Pig >> mail # dev >> Re: What outstanding patches are must haves for 0.10? (path to a RC theater)

Re: What outstanding patches are must haves for 0.10? (path to a RC theater)
PIG-2616 should be a blocker bug. It's to fix something broken and it's
ready to commit.

PIG-2574 and PIG-2587 are low-risk and are required to implement
functionality to make better estimates for number of reducers. It would be
great to get these in and I should have an updated PIG-2574 in the next day
or two.

PIG-2547 is a nice bit of new functionality that will simplify writing UDFs
that would be nice to ship if possible.

thanks,
Bill
On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 10:44 PM, Jonathan Coveney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Perhaps a big initiative for 0.11 could be to get the builds to the point
> where flaky tests don't essentially gut the usefulness of the CI server
> (Pig 0.9 hasn't passed in 6 months, etc). I'm not sure how difficult that
> would be though, and what the benefit would be. But it's pretty annoying to
> be able to wrap up a release when there are a bunch of "known useless"
> tests.
>
> 2012/3/26 Daniel Dai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> > Once PIG-2317 check in, only document patch (PIG-2601) and some of
> > Russell's patches left. Before roll up RC, we need to make sure all
> > unit tests and e2e tests pass, I can help with this.
> >
> > Daniel
> >
> > On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 10:29 PM, Jonathan Coveney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> > > It's time to get serious about rolling an RC. 0.10 seems pretty
> strong...
> > > are there any pressing JIRAs that people want to try and get in?
> Looking
> > at
> > > the open JIRAs with a fix labeled of 0.10 (which is admittedly possibly
> > > incomplete), it looks like there isn't anything terribly seriously
> > left...
> > > I'd love to get the ball rolling on an RC so we can test it and
> identify
> > > any bugs.
> > >
> > > Thoughts?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] going forward.*