Hive >> mail # dev >> hive 0.12 release update

hive 0.12 release update
Short summary: I hope to have a release candidate out this weekend or by Monday.

I have setup unit tests runs for hive 0.12 branch -
https://builds.apache.org/job/Hive-branch-0.12-hadoop1/
https://builds.apache.org/job/Hive-branch-0.12-hadoop2/

There were some unit test failures, caused by test issues. The fixes
for those should be in by tomorrow ( HIVE-5419, HIVE-5426).

There are other blocker issues for which fix should be committed by
tomorrow  - HIVE-5394, HIVE-5401, HIVE-5364.

There is a jira marked as blocker that does not have a fix yet  -
HIVE-5235 . But that is not a regression, so I think we can have an RC
without that if it does not get fixed in next day or two.
There is also another jira HIVE-5087 that might get resolved only by Friday.

Thanks,
Thejas

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE