Hadoop, mail # general - hadoop-0.23

+
Arun C Murthy 2011-07-13, 22:39
Arun C Murthy 2011-08-18, 16:36
Todd Lipcon 2011-08-18, 20:21
Arun C Murthy 2011-08-18, 20:28
Suresh Srinivas 2011-08-18, 20:34
Mahadev Konar 2011-08-18, 21:05
Tom White 2011-08-18, 21:22
Arun C Murthy 2011-08-18, 21:26
Jakob Homan 2011-08-18, 21:28
Arun C Murthy 2011-08-22, 17:05
Giridharan Kesavan 2011-08-22, 18:19
Arun C Murthy 2011-08-22, 18:21
Konstantin Shvachko 2011-08-23, 23:36
Alejandro Abdelnur 2011-08-23, 23:52
Arun C Murthy 2011-08-24, 00:21
Arun C Murthy 2011-08-25, 00:27
Arun C Murthy 2011-08-25, 19:23
Arun C Murthy 2011-08-25, 19:33
Eli Collins 2011-08-18, 21:16
Eli Collins 2011-08-19, 18:47
Arun Murthy 2011-08-19, 21:16
+
Eli Collins 2011-07-14, 01:01
+
Arun C Murthy 2011-07-14, 01:10
+
Eli Collins 2011-07-14, 01:12
Re: hadoop-0.23
Allen Wittenauer 2011-07-14, 01:22

On Jul 13, 2011, at 6:01 PM, Eli Collins wrote:

> In order to support HA in a dot release we'll need to merge in the
> branch for HDFS-1623, but that shouldn't hold up branching for 23.
> Sanjay mentioned this as the summit but I wanted to double check with
> you, you support a dot release of 23 with HA?

Please don't do this.  0.23 is a MASSIVE change.  Introducing even more instability in the form of a new major feature in the middle of a release that is bound to be full of problems is not a good idea.   Anyone who runs a production system will basically ignore 0.23 because it simply won't be stable enough.  (It *always* takes a .1 or .2 or even a .3 before things are actually rock solid.)

I'd much rather see 0.24 have HA than 0.23.