HBase >> mail # user >> HBase UI missing region list for active/functioning table

Re: HBase UI missing region list for active/functioning table
On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 10:33 AM, Norbert Burger
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 1:24 PM, Srinivas Mupparapu
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> It scans .META. table just like any other table. I just tested it and it
>> produced the expected output.
>
> I'm pretty sure Srinivas scanned .META. in his own environment, not mine.  ;-)
>
>>  On Sep 10, 2012 12:19 PM, "Stack" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> What happens if you scan .META. in shell?
>>>
>>> hbase> scan ".META."
>>>
>>> Does it all show?
>
> Thanks, Stack.  Strangely, all regions do show up in .META.  The table
> in question has 256 regions, and all are listed as rowkeys in .META.
> Perhaps there's a column missing from region definitions which is
> preventing the UI from rendering the regions?  I'll dig through the
> code, but are there specific columns known to be expected the UI?
>
> Fwiw, this particular table was the result of a rename_table.rb
> attempt that didn't go as smoothly as I would've liked.  I had to dig
> through .META. and resolve inconsistencies.

What version of hbase?  Can you disable and reenable the table?  When
you scan the table in shell, do you see 'status=offline'.
St.Ack