Hadoop >> mail # general >> Re: Hadoop-common-trunk-Commit is failing since 01/19/2011

Re: Hadoop-common-trunk-Commit is failing since 01/19/2011
Current trunk for HDFS and MapReduce are not compiling at the moment. Try to
build trunk.
This is the result of that changes to common api introduced by HADOOP-6904
are not promoted to HDFS and MR trunks.
HDFS-1335 and MAPREDUCE-2263 depend on these changes.

Common is not promoted to HDFS and MR because Hadoop-Common-trunk-Commit
build is broken. See here.
https://hudson.apache.org/hudson/view/G-L/view/Hadoop/job/Hadoop-Common-trunk-Commit/

As I see the last successful build was on 01/19, which integrated
HADOOP-6864.
I think this is when JNI changes were introduced, which cannot be digested
by Hudson since then.

Anybody with gcc active could you please verify if the problem is caused by
HADOOP-6864.

Thanks,
--Konstantin