Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Hadoop 2 compatibility issues

+
Christopher 2013-05-14, 20:40
+
Sean Busbey 2013-05-14, 20:52
+
Christopher 2013-05-14, 21:39
+
John Vines 2013-05-14, 20:56
+
Benson Margulies 2013-05-14, 21:16
+
Adam Fuchs 2013-05-14, 21:35
+
Christopher 2013-05-14, 21:42
+
Christopher 2013-05-14, 21:48
+
Benson Margulies 2013-05-14, 21:51
+
Keith Turner 2013-05-14, 22:13
+
John Vines 2013-05-14, 22:16
+
Benson Margulies 2013-05-14, 23:09
+
John Vines 2013-05-14, 23:43
+
Christopher 2013-05-14, 23:36
+
Benson Margulies 2013-05-14, 23:41
+
Christopher 2013-05-14, 23:47
+
John Vines 2013-05-14, 23:50
+
Benson Margulies 2013-05-15, 00:27
+
Christopher 2013-05-15, 01:01
+
Adam Fuchs 2013-05-15, 21:31
+
Christopher 2013-05-15, 21:44
Re: Hadoop 2 compatibility issues
I will gladly do it next week, but I'd rather not have it delay the
release. The question from there is, is doing this type of packaging change
too large to put in 1.5.1?
On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 2:44 PM, Christopher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So, I think that'd be great, if it works, but who is willing to do
> this work and get it in before I make another RC?
> I'd like to cut RC3 tomorrow if I have time. So, feel free to patch
> these in to get it to work before then... or, by the next RC if RC3
> fails to pass a vote.
>
> --
> Christopher L Tubbs II
> http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii
>

> On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 5:31 PM, Adam Fuchs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > It seems like the ideal option would be to have one binary build that
> > determines Hadoop version and switches appropriately at runtime. Has
> anyone
> > attempted to do this yet, and do we have an enumeration of the places in
> > Accumulo code where the incompatibilities show up?
> >
> > One of the incompatibilities is in org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.JobContext
> > switching between an abstract class and an interface. This can be fixed
> > with something to the effect of:
> >
> >   public static Configuration getConfiguration(JobContext context) {
> >     Impl impl = new Impl();
> >     Configuration configuration = null;
> >     try {
> >       Class c > >
> TestCompatibility.class.getClassLoader().loadClass("org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.JobContext");
> >       Method m = c.getMethod("getConfiguration");
> >       Object o = m.invoke(context, new Object[0]);
> >       configuration = (Configuration)o;
> >     } catch (Exception e) {
> >       throw new RuntimeException(e);
> >     }
> >     return configuration;
> >   }
> >
> > Based on a test I just ran, using that getConfiguration method instead of
> > just calling the getConfiguration method on context should avoid the one
> > incompatibility. Maybe with a couple more changes like that we can get
> down
> > to one bytecode release for all known Hadoop versions?
> >
> > Adam

+
Eric Newton 2013-05-16, 15:23
+