Zookeeper, mail # user - observed dataloss while replacing zookeeper severs (zookeeper 3.5.0)

observed dataloss while replacing zookeeper severs (zookeeper 3.5.0)
Deepak Jagtap 2013-08-24, 00:09
Hi,

I am experimenting with zookeeper server node replacement using 3.5.0
version.
In my setup I have 3 zookeeper servers forming a quorum and want to replace
all 3 zookeeper servers with brand new instances of servers.

If I replace all 3 nodes in quick succession (using reconfig -remove x -add
y).
Is there a possibility  zookeeper data may not be resynced completely on
the new instances of zookeeper servers due to quick succession. As I
observed that some data nodes (znodes) are not present in the zookeeper
database after replacing all members in the quorum.

Is there any way I can avoid this and how should I ensure data has been
resynced before proceeding for next server replacement.

Appreciate you help.

Thanks & Regards,
Deepak