Pig >> mail # user >> macros and global variables

+
Aniket Mokashi 2011-12-22, 23:39
+
Daniel Dai 2011-12-24, 00:10
Re: macros and global variables
Thanks Daniel, I will create a jira and submit a patch soon.

I was wondering if there is a way to "by default" register(define) a set of
jars and macros everytime pig command is run. Please let me know.

AFAIK, for jars, I can put them into pig.additional.jars and for params
(defines) I can do --param key=value. (macros? not sure). I feel it is too
clumsy to put as command line params.
Also, is there a way to have
logs = load 'standard_location' using LogLoader();
as a default statement that is run everytime pig is forked (similar to
bashrc)? If not, should we support this? Thoughts?

Thanks,
Aniket

--
"...:::Aniket:::... Quetzalco@tl"