MapReduce >> mail # user >> Distribution of native executables and data for YARN-based execution

Re: Distribution of native executables and data for YARN-based execution

The "local resources" you mentioned is the exact solution for this. For each LocalResource, you also mention a LocalResourceVisibility which takes one of the three values today - PUBLIC, PRIVATE and APPLICATON.

PUBLIC resources are downloaded only once and shared by any application running on that node.

PRIVATE resources are downloaded only once and shared by any application run by the same user on that node

APPLICATION resources are downloaded per application and removed after the application finishes.

Seems like you want PUBLIC or PRIVATE.

Note that for PUBLIC resources to work, the corresponding files need to be public on HDFS too.

Also if the remote files on HDFS are updated, these local files will be uploaded afresh again on each node where your containers run.

HTH

Thanks,
+Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli
Hortonworks Inc.