Avro >> mail # user >> SpecificData.deepCopy exception with CDH4

SpecificData.deepCopy exception with CDH4
hi avro-users,

I'm getting the following exception when using avro 1.6.1 with CDH4.
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.avro.specific.SpecificData.deepCopy(Lorg/apache/avro/Schema;Ljava/lang/Object;)Ljava/lang/Object;

The offending code is
GraphNodeData copy (GraphNodeData) SpecificData.get().deepCopy(data.getSchema(), data);

where GraphNodeData is a class generated from my AVRO record.

The code runs just fine on CDH3. I tried rebuilding AVRO from source and
installing it my local repo because of a previous post that said Avro 1.6.1
in maven had been built against CDH3. I also deleted all the avro jar files
I found in
/usr/lib/hadoop

Any ideas? Thanks?
Jeremy