HBase >> mail # user >> Unique Put ends up twice in HBase?

Unique Put ends up twice in HBase?
Hi,

Can the following scenario occur?

Create a Put for (rk1, cf1, cq1, value=1L)
run hTable.batch
Inside implementation:
Put is sent to server
Server throws an exception, but Put still is saved (WAL, memstore)
Flush kicks in
Client attempts a retry and succeeds, thus same put is written for the second time with different timestamp

Fetching the data, assuming we allow maxVersion=2, we get value = 2 for that rk1, cf1, cq1 ?
Thanks,

Asaf