Zookeeper >> mail # user >> stunnel and zookeeper and timeouts

+
Prakash 2012-12-14, 19:56
+
Patrick Hunt 2012-12-17, 08:25
Re: stunnel and zookeeper and timeouts
I am actually curious about how you setup the stunnel-to-stunnel connections between the servers. Do you literally have individual stunnel connections on every single host to every other host ? ie..

hostA:2000 -> hostB:3888
hostA:2001 -> hostC:3888
hostB:2000 -> hostA:3888
hostB:2001 -> hostC:3888
hostC:2000 -> hostA:3888
hostC:2001 -> hostB:3888

I'm mainly curious how you run this operationally ... it seems rather complicated. In our case we use stunnel between our Zookeeper clients and the Servers -- but since the Zookeeper quorum is all in one Amazon Region, we just leverage security groups for the inter-server-communication.

--Matt

(ps, stunnel+zookeeper does work amazingly well on the client-side of things. we've been extremely happy with that model)