Accumulo >> mail # user >> Newbie question: where do the services live?

+
Aaron G 2013-05-01, 19:57
Re: Newbie question: where do the services live?
On all but the largest clusters, the computing needs of the
master/gc/monitor/tracer can all run on one node and can be co-located with
a zookeeper server.

Strictly speaking, you don't need a tracer.  Unless you are running a very
large cluster, one tracer will be enough.

The tracer can be used to identify components that are performing slowly,
so it needs to run all the time.

-Eric