Hive, mail # user - Re: Where can we see the results of Select * from states

Re: Where can we see the results of Select * from states
Sai Sai 2013-05-24, 11:09
I have created an external table called states under a database called test,
Then loaded the table successfully;
The i have tried:

Select * from states;

It successfully executes MR and displays the results in the console but wondering where to look in hdfs to see these results.

I have looked under all the dirs in filesystem for the below url but cannot see the results part file.

http://localhost.localdomain:50070/dfshealth.jsp
Also if i would like the results to save to a specific file from a query how to do it?

For Ex:
    Select * from states > myStates.txt ;
Is there something like this.
Thanks