MapReduce >> mail # user >> How do secondary name node get files from name node

Re: How do secondary name node get files from name node
SNN does not fetch data of NN from memory. It copies off of the stored
edits and fsimage files at the NN at the time of checkpoint request.

The link I pointed to you has the current stable source, you should be
able to read it for more details. Note that none of this is public
API.

--
Harsh J