HBase >> mail # user >> Ganglia website refuses connection despite proxy (Hbase EC2)

Re: Ganglia website refuses connection despite proxy (Hbase EC2)
I logged into the master

1. In hbase-ec2-init-remote.sh, the block is evaluated (on master)

if [ "$IS_MASTER" = "true" ]; then
  sed -i -e "s|\( *mcast_join *=.*\)|#\1|" \
         -e "s|\( *bind *=.*\)|#\1|" \
         -e "s|\( *mute *=.*\)|  mute = yes|" \
         -e "s|\( *location *=.*\)|  location = \"master-node\"|" \
         /etc/gmond.conf
  mkdir -p /mnt/ganglia/rrds
  chown -R ganglia:ganglia /mnt/ganglia/rrds
  rm -rf /var/lib/ganglia; cd /var/lib; ln -s /mnt/ganglia ganglia; cd
  service gmond start
  service gmetad start
  apachectl start
but /mnt/ganglia/rrds is not present (maybe because mnt is not mounted? or
see [2])
gmetad is not running , so

apachectl stop
service gmetad stop ## was not running in the first place
service gmond stop

mkdir -p /mnt/ganglia/rrds
chown -R ganglia:ganglia /mnt/ganglia/rrds
rm -rf /var/lib/ganglia; cd /var/lib; ln -s /mnt/ganglia ganglia; cd
service gmond start
service gmetad start
apachectl start

and ganglia now works.
[2] This block in hbase-ec2-int-remote-sh might undo everything in 1.

# Reformat sdb as xfs
umount /mnt
mkfs.xfs -f /dev/sdb
mount -o noatime /dev/sdb /mnt