HBase >> mail # dev >> Should compaction be triggered even if User periodically flushes

Should compaction be triggered even if User periodically flushes
Hi devs

If user periodically flushes the memstore we keep creating Store files.
 Now if the number of store files  satisfies the compaction policy we dont
do compaction.

We print the msg saying compaction_requested=true but do not include into
the compactsplitthread.

But when the RS goes down and the region gets opened in another RS as part
of postOpenDeployTasks we do compaction because the store file count has
satisfied the compaction criteria.

What could be the right approach here?

Regards
Ram