From: Arko Provo Mukherjee [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 12:13 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Managing space in Master Node

Thanks!
However, in that case, how do I handle the current data that is already in
NN?
Do I have to reformat HDFS?
Thanks & regards
Arko

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 2:06 PM, Mohammad Tariq <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Just don't run the DN daemon on that machine. Dedicate that machine to NN.
> Remove the hostname of the NN machine from the 'slaves' file.
>
> Warm Regards,
> Tariq
> https://mtariq.jux.com/
> cloudfront.blogspot.com
>

> On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 1:31 AM, Arko Provo Mukherjee
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Thanks for the help!
>>
>> However, I am still unsure about how to "turn off" the datanode
>> feature on the NN.
>>
>> I checked the "hdfs-site.xml" file and the dfs.data.dir is pointed to
>> a directory.
>>
>> Should I just comment out that property? What would happen to the
>> current data that there is in the Master? Will it get removed
>> automatically?
>>
>> Thanks & regards
>> Arko
>>

>> On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 1:55 PM, Mohammad Tariq <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> wrote:
>> > You can specify the logging level as specified by Charles. But
>> > turning logs off is never a good idea. Logs are really helpful in
>> > problem diagnosis, which are eventual.
>> >
>> > Warm Regards,
>> > Tariq
>> > https://mtariq.jux.com/
>> > cloudfront.blogspot.com

SDL Enterprise Technologies, Inc. - all rights reserved.  The information contained in this email may be confidential and/or legally privileged. It has been sent for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient of this mail, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please reply to the sender and destroy all copies of the message.
Registered address: 201 Edgewater Drive, Suite 225, Wakefield, MA 01880, USA