Hive, mail # user - Alter table is giving error

+
Chunky Gupta 2012-11-05, 11:34
Re: Alter table is giving error
Dean Wampler 2012-11-05, 12:58
The RECOVER PARTITIONS is an enhancement added by Amazon to their version
of Hive.

http://docs.amazonwebservices.com/ElasticMapReduce/latest/DeveloperGuide/emr-hive-additional-features.html

<shameless-plus>
  Chapter 21 of Programming Hive discusses this feature and other aspects
of using Hive in EMR.
</shameless-plug>

dean

--