Hive >> mail # user >> Alter table is giving error

Re: Alter table is giving error
The RECOVER PARTITIONS is an enhancement added by Amazon to their version
of Hive.

http://docs.amazonwebservices.com/ElasticMapReduce/latest/DeveloperGuide/emr-hive-additional-features.html

<shameless-plus>
  Chapter 21 of Programming Hive discusses this feature and other aspects
of using Hive in EMR.
</shameless-plug>

dean

--