Sqoop >> mail # user >> Sqoop, sending for a loop - newby lost - SQL Server/Sqoop

Re: Sqoop, sending for a loop - newby lost - SQL Server/Sqoop
Hey Abe -

I haven't because I'm working on running a real lean install on a ARM cluster.

I want a bare bones build (Hadoop, Hive & Scoop).  Starting to feel that although these packages are open source (Hadoop, Hive, Sqoop, etc), figuring out how to build a solution from the bottom, w/o a full package (Bigtop, Cloudera, MapR, Horton, et al), is quite hard, due to not knowing what dependencies are required.

The Doc's of Sqoop 1.4.4 don't mention Hbase being required. What am I missing?

Anyone tried running a barebones setup and know what I'm missing?

Thanks Abe for the tip, I've your distro on a VM and it has all the bells and whistles, just was hoping to get a three node solution running swell with the barebones, just can't figure out what base packages are needed to tie SS 2012/14 and a cluster together with only Hadoop, Hive and Sqoop.

Also I forgot to mention, when I run sqoop help it also says something about missing a Java class.  I've OpenJDK running, pointing to ARM (i.e. export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-armhf)

Thanks to all in advance for your suggestions!
Andy